- 2-3 20oz. cans of chunk pineapple, save 4T. juice
- 1 20oz. can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 Ritz crackers crushed by hand
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Place oven rack in the middle of oven and heat to 350.
Place well drained pineapple ( use potato ricer ) in large bowl. Stir brown sugar and flour and cheese together. Mix into pineapple. If a little juice is needed, add at this time. Top with crackers that are drizzled with the melted butter.
Bake the casserole until browned and bubbly for 30 min. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.