Italian Chopped Salad with Margherita Salami and Pepperoni
- Fresh romaine salad with hearty Margherita® Genoa Salami, sliced Margherita® Pepperoni, roasted yellow peppers, red onions, artichoke hearts, olives, pepperonchini and grated Romano cheese, tossed in a black pepper vinaigrette.
- Prep Time
- 8 minutes
- Total Time
- 16 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1 bunch whole romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 pound Margherita® Pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1/4 pound Margherita® Genoa Salami, julienned
- 1/3 cup roasted yellow peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup red onions, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rough chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup mixed olives
- 4-5 pepperoncini whole peppers
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Preparation time 24mins
1. In a large salad bowl, combine romaine lettuce, Margherita® Pepperoni and Genoa Salami, roasted yellow peppers, red onions and artichoke hearts.
2. Toss everything together to combine.
3. Add vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, pepperonchini, Romano and provolone cheese, and olives to the bowl.
4. Toss thoroughly to combine the ingredients. Serve Chilled.