Three Bean Soup
- 1 c dried pinto beans
- 1 c dried kidney beans
- 1 c dried white beans
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 med. Onions, finely chopped
- 2 med. Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 med. Celery finely chopped
- 1 lb can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Gremolata: Combine in bowl and add to soup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- In a large bowl combine beans and cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- In large soup pot, heat oil and sauté onions about 3 min. Add celery and carrots and continue 3 more min.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth water, garlic, parsley and bay leaf. Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to med. And simmer about 1 hour until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf
- Place half of soup in blender and process until pureed. Return to pot and add remaining soup to puree.