Pesto Shrimp Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
- 8 oz. dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh basil leaves
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Chop shrimp and set aside.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
3. In large bowl stir together eggs, butter, half-and-half, 1 cup of the fontina cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, chopped basil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp and macaroni. Transfer to buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheeses.
4. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and shrimp pieces are opaque. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)