French Silk Pie
- 1 Crust Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 oz Hershey's® unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls, if desired
1 Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2 In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
3 Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.