Baked Goat Cheese Salsa
Courtesy of Closet Cooking
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
- 2 serrano chilies (roasted)
- 1 poblano chili (roasted)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (fire roasted is good)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime
- 4 ounces goat cheese (sliced)
- tortilla chips
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the chillies and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Place the salsa in a baking dish and top with the goat cheese.
Broil until the goat cheese is soft and golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
Serve with the tortilla chips.