Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza
Courtesy of thetolerantvegan.com
- 4 ounces dry macaroni pasta
- 3/4 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
- 3/4 cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (or you can make your own, more on that below)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Brush the outer edges of your pizza crust with the olive oil.
Cook and strain the macaroni according to the package directions.
Melt the Earth Balance in a small pot over medium heat.
Add in the rice milk, sprinkle of black pepper and two cheeses and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat and and pour over the cooked macaroni. Stir until fully combined.
Spoon the macaroni and cheese on top of your pizza crust, spreading it evenly and stopping about 1 inch from the edges.
Sprinkle with paprika and top with bread crumbs.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.