Chicken and Sausage Jambalya
Cooking Light Recipe
- teaspoons canola oil
- 6 ounces reduced-fat smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Add sausage; sauté 1 minute or until browned.
3. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
4. Add rice and next 5 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is done.
5. Remove thyme sprigs; discard. Stir in tomatoes and chicken. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.