Pork Chops with Mango Sauce
- 1 T oil
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 lg ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 T water
- 1 T packed brown sugar
- 4 bone in pork chops – 3/4 in. thick
- 1 green onion – thinly sliced for garnish
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves – for garnish
• In skillet heat oil on med.-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 min. or until browned.
• Add chipotle and oregano; cook 1 minute stirring.
• Add mangoes, water and sugar’ cook 10 minutes or until mangoes are soft, stirring occasionally
• Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper to season both sides. Grill
• Transfer chops to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Spoon mango sauce over pork and garnish with green onion and cilantro.