Low Fat Carrot Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar or splenda
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar or light
- 1 (8 -8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dark raisin (optional) or golden
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups confectionery sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray nonstick 12-cup Bundt-style pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and egg whites until blended. Beat in sugars; beat 2 minutes. On low speed, beat in pineapple with juice, oil, and vanilla. Add flour mixture; beat 1 minute. Stir in carrots and raisins.
Pour batter into pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack; cool completely.
Combine all ingredients on bowl and beat on low speed until all combined and smooth. Frost cake!