Chicken Pot Pie
Home made, delicious Chicken Pot Pie. Make for now or freeze for later.
- 1 Cup Diced and Peeled Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Pie Crusts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 425
1) Boil potatoes until crisp tender, about 8-10 minutes, or microwave potato, let cool and peel and cut up.
2) Melt butter in pan
3) Stir in Flour to make rue
4) Gradually stir in broth and milk
5) Add seasonings
6) Stir over low heat until thickened, remove from heat
7) Mix in chicken and vegetables
8) Line 9-inch pie place with one pie crust
9) Add pot pie mix
10) Cut out small areas on top crust before covering pie. Use decorative cutters if you want.
11) Cover pie. Fold top crust over bottom crust and seal by pushing the two layers together and crimping as you wish
12) Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
To Freeze for later.
Cover pie with foil before freezing.
Cook frozen pie at 425 for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake 70-80 minutes longer.
Can freeze up to 3 months.