Croque Monsieur Pockets
- 1 cup- grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup- deli sliced ham (chopped)
- 2 tsp- dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp- freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- Flour for dusting
- 11 ounce tube refrigerated french bread dough
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 425. Mix gruyere, ham, mustard, nutmeg and cayenne in a bowl until combined. (make it compact)
2. Brush baking sheet lightly with vegetable oil. On a flour surface, roll out the dough and fill the dinner pockets.
3. Place the pockets seam side down on the baking sheet. Beat the egg and 1 tbsp of water and brush the pockets with the egg wash
4. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes
How to make pokets:
1. Cut dough into 4 pieces, roll out each piece into a 6 X 8" rectangle.
2. Put 1/4 of filling in the center of the rectangle
3. Fold the 2 shorter sides of the dough over the filling, stretching the dough to cover.
4. Fold the 2 long sides of the dough to form a packet. Pinch edges to seal.