- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese. Add egg yolks. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Combine filling ingredients in a bowl (mixture will be thick). Divide dough into fourths (dough will be sticky). On a well-sugared surface, roll out each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares. Place about 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each square. Fold over two opposite corners; seal tightly. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.