LaaLoosh Chicken Piccata
Your family will love this delicious creamy LaaLoosh Chicken Piccata dish! Serve it with a side of your favorite vegetables and a glass of white wine for the adults.
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (I used two 8-ounce breasts, butterflied and cut in half)
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 cup of broth until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken in the flour.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Place butter in the pan and set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, the remaining cup of broth, the lemon juice, paprika, and additional salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley and capers. Add in chicken breasts and let simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Serve chicken smothered in sauce, and topped with some additional chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Beef Broccoli Lo Mein with Flank... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Stew with Beans 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs - Pioneer Woman 3.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Mummy Face Pizzas 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Milk & Lemon Grass Braised... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Walnut... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese 4.3/5 (23 Votes)