Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken
- 4 whole Chicken Breasts
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cups Honey
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Chop your breasts into 3 or 4 pieces each, lengthwise, giving you roughly evenly sized chicken tenders. Place them into a dish and rub the olive oil all over them.
Combine all of the dry spices in a bowl. Rub it all over the oiled chicken tenders, coating each piece evenly.
1. Grill the tenders over medium-high heat for 4-5 min per side, or until they’re cooked through.
2. While they’re grilling, combine the vinegar and honey for the glaze. If the honey is too thick, microwave it for 10 seconds or so.
3. When the chicken comes off of the grill, brush it on all sides with the honey glaze. Serve a bit of the remaining glaze on the side for dipping, if you’d like, though that makes it less healthy. If you don’t plan to do this, you can easily halve the glaze ingredients.
4. ****If you don’t have a grill, you could bake these at 350 for about 20 minutes, pouring the glaze over them for the last 5 minutes. You might want to broil them for a minute at the end.
5. As described this dish is in the mild to medium heat range. If you want it spicier, throw in a teaspoon or two of cayenne powder.