St. Patrick's Day Mint Shakes
Milk shakes, like other simple concoctions, are only as good as their ingredients, so use high-quality ice cream and vanilla extract. Combining peppermint extract and vanilla ice cream gives the drink an extra-refreshing, minty flavor you wouldn't get from using regular mint chip ice cream.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 drops green liquid food coloring
- Whipped cream and green sanding sugar, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Blend the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, vanilla and food coloring in a blender until smooth.
Pour into one or two serving glasses and garnish with whipped cream and sanding sugar.