- 1 pound ground meatless crumbles (Yves)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 whole wheat crunchy taco shells
- 4 whole wheat soft taco shells
1.Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Place meatless crumbles in pan. Add all the other ingredients, sauté to warm and combine flavors. Stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula, until the meat is browned. Set aside.
2.Wrap the tortillas in a towel and heat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. Serve still wrapped in the towel to keep them warm.
3.To serve put the meat, tortillas and toppings (see below) out and pass the places. Everyone can enjoy assembling their own taco.
Taco Topping Options:
•¼ heart of romaine lettuce, shredded
•½ cup reduced fat shredded vegan cheddar cheese
•1 cup nonfat vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
•1 cup medium salsa verde