Sweet & Spicy Saigon Spread
It’s just so easy to make your own ‘designer’ inspired spreads, and you can control everything about it~~the flavors, the textures, the colors, the ingredients! So starting with my main ingredient, ‘Sweet & Spicy Saigon’ spice from Simply Asia…thanks to them for sending me a box of products…I decided that I wanted to make a spread with some different flavors, but centered around the Simply Asia spice mixture. Keep in mind when I do something like this, I just open the refrigerator and stare~~my mind is swirling with ideas of what to combine~~and, in this case, I began pulling out what I thought would work well together! And, quite simply, it did.
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus (store bought) (Or substitute regular hummus & jarred roasted red peppers, drained, and pulse a few times in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Simply Asia brand ‘Sweet & Spicy Saigon’ spice mixture
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (I used Williams & Sonoma—substitutions fine.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped fine
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend together well. Let refrigerate about an hour (or more) before serving.