Cornbread Stuffing with poblano peppers
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 2 (1-pound) packages frozen corn, thawed, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds prepared cornbread, coarsley crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish; set aside.
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add poblano and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until just golden and tender. Add onions and 1 bag of corn and continue cooking until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside to let cool then drain some of the liquid if too wet. Meanwhile, pulse remaining bag of corn in a food processor with eggs, maple syrup, salt and pepper until well combined and almost smooth.
In a large bowl, combine cooled pepper mixture with corn mixture then gradually fold in cornbread. Do not over mix; stuffing should have a coarse texture.
Transfer to prepared dish, cover with parchment paper, then snugly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes more.