- 1 lb. Italian Sausage without casings
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 2 cups canned chopped/seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 8 oz. can tomatoe sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sliced zuchinni
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen meat or cheese filled tortellini
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium green pepper
Brown sausage and remove from pan and reserve. Remove all but 1tsp. of fat from pan.
Saute onions and garlic until tender.
Add beef broth, water, wine tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomatoe sauce and sausage.
Bring to boil, reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered 30-45 min.
Skim fat from soup. Stir in Zuchinni, tortellini, parsley and green peppers.
Simmer covered and additional 30-40 min. Don't boil everything get overcooked.
Spinkle parmesan cheese on top.