Taco soup with chicken beef
- 1 pound of boned chicken breast
- 5-6 cups of chicken broth defatted
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt if needed
- 1 (15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 1 (15 ounce can pinto beans drained
- 1 (15 ounce
- Can black beans drained
- 1 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 to 1 1/2 (1.2 ounce) package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1.6 ounce package dry ranch dressing mix
In a soup pot cook chicken breast in chicken broth, onion, green pepper and garlic covered until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken and cool cut in small pieces.
Return to broth and add tomatoes, garlic, beans, corn, taco seasoning, cumin and ranch dressing mix.
Stir together and simmer covers for 20 min
To serve place tortilla chips in bowl and ladle soup over chips’ soup is better the next day