Sun-Dried Tomato Cauliflower Cheese
Add some "punch" to just plain cauliflower and cheese
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 tbsp (37 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sweet paprika (or 1/8 tsp/0.5 mL smoked paprika)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Old Cheddar or Friulano cheese, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a large pot of boiling water, boil cauliflower for about 7 min or until just tender. Drain well; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1 min or until fragrant. Whisk flour into milk; gradually pour into pan, whisking constantly. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, pepper and cook, stirring, for about 3 min or until bubbling and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese until melted. Pour over cauliflower in a heatproof serving dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.