- 4 c. mashed turnip
- 1 T butter
- 1 1/2 c. peeled, thinly sliced cooking apple
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2-1 t cinnamon
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/3 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 T butter
1. Mix turnip and 1 T butter together.
2. In small bowl, toss apple, first amount of brown sugar and cinnamon together. Put layers of this with turnip in casserole, beginning and ending with turnip.
3. Crumble flour, second amount of brown sugar and butter together. Sprinkle over top. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.