- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 oz)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 ounces goat cheese (such as Montrachet), room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup well drained, oil packed sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- assorted crackers
Line a 3 cup bow with plastic wrap leaving a 4 inch overhang.
Combine basil and garlic in processor and chop finely. With machine running, gradually add oil through
the feed tube. Add Parmesan and process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir cream cheese, goat cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl until well blended and smooth.
Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture in bottom of prepared bowl. Spread 1/2 of basil mixture over cheese.
Sprinkle with 1/2of the walnuts. Arrange 1/2of the tomatoes over. Drop 1/3 of cream cheese mixture by
spoonfuls over the tomatoes. Carefully spread to cover evenly. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
Fold plastic overhang over top of spread. Press gently to compact. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.
FOR BEST RESULTS MAKE 2-3 DAYS AHEAD TO ALLOW THE FLAVORS TO BLEND.
Unfold plastic on top and invert spread onto plate. Remove bow and plastic wrap. Let stand at room
temperature for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers and breads.