Chicken-Artichoke Brie Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups half and half, light cream or whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 of an 8-9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 (4 1/2 oz) round Brie, rind removed and cut up
- Croutons (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add the broth, white pepper, and salt. Bring soup mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
2. In a large screw-top jar, combine the half and half and flour. Cover and shake well until smooth. Stir in soup. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
3. Stir in chicken, whipping cream, artichoke hearts, spinach and Brie. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 5 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted.