Mock Tuna Salad
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Put sunflower seeds and almonds into a large bowl, cover by 2 inches with water, cover and set aside at room temperature to let soak for 10 to 12 hours; drain well.
Pulse sunflower seeds and almonds in a food processor until very finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in celery, pickles, onions, dill, maple syrup, lemon juice, kelp, pepper and salt. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.