Endive Spears With Sweet Potato, Bacon and Chives
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1 8 oz sweet potato (about 2 cups)
- 3 T. thinly sliced chives
- 2 med. heads Belgium Endive
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Cut bacon in half lengthwise and then slice into 1/4" crosswise bits. Cook the bacon in a 10" non stick skillet over med. heat until it has rendered some of it's fat. Add the sweet potato and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until the sweet potato is tender and the bacon starts to crisp, 6-8 min. Stir in 2 T. of the chives and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Cool briefly.
Slice the bottom 1/2" off the endives so some of the outer leaves break free. Cut another 1/2" off and break off some more leaves free. You shoud have about 20.
Optional: You can trim the leaves so they are all the same length.
Set the endive on a large platter. Spoon the sweet potato mixture near the base of the leaves. Top each with a dollop of saur cream and sprinkle with the remaining chives. Can make ahead up to 20 min. before serving.
Can make bacon mixture ahead a few hours, but do not ref. reheat briefly before filling.
You'll also love
- Apricot Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Canyon Ranch Crab Cakes with Sweet... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Sausage Stromboli 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower and pea soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Kale Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Paprikash for Two* 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roast Pork and Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)