- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 small red onion halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (or sunflower seeds)
- 3/4 cup light salad dressing or mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 12 packets Equal sweetener (or 3 1/2 teaspoon Equal for Recipes or 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp, and crumbled
Clean, trim and chop broccoli into a large bowl. Add onion, raisins and pecans.
Mix together salad dressing, milk, vinegar, and Equal stirring until smooth. Pour dressing over salad; add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refirgerate overnight.
Cover with bacon bits before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings. Serving size: 1/8th of recipe.
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 3 Fat.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 230; Fat 14g; Cholesterol 13mg; Sodium 259mg; Carbohydrates 21g; Protein 5g.