- For the Shrimp Cakes/ Fritters:
- * 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- * 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 cups shredded)
- * 1 large egg
- * 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- * 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- * 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- * 1/8 tsp black pepper
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- * 2 Tbsp light olive oil or high heat cooking oil of choice
- For the Lemon Aioli Sauce:
- * 1/2 cup mayo
- * 1 tsp lemon zest
- * 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- * 1 garlic clove pressed or finely minced
How to Make Shrimp Cakes:
1. Pat dry shrimp with paper towels then dice into pea-sized pieces.*
2. Transfer chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together then add 1/4 cup flour and mix until batter is creamy and well combined.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time (or a level ice cream scoop) and flatten out the tops of your fritters as you go so they are about 1/2" thick patties. Saute about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the edges and cooked through.
How to Make Lemon Aioli Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, add mayo and stir to remove any lumps. Add 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and pressed garlic clove and stir to combine.