Bacon and Cilantro Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Adapted from food.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin or spray muffin tin with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, white sugar and baking powder.
4. Whisk egg. Combine egg, milk and canola oil.
5. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Combine until lumps disappear. Do not over-mix. Let set for 10 minutes.
6. Add cilantro, bacon and cheddar cheese to the batter. Carefully combine well. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.