Strawberry Ice Cream
If you don't have an ice cream maker at home, this recipe might be the reason you get one! It's just what you need on a hot summer day.
- 1 pint fresh ripe strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 145mins
In a small bowl, combine the strawberries with the lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Stir gently and allow to macerate for at least 2 hours.
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the milk and remaining sugar until dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
Food process the strawberry mixture, until the pieces are small. Add to medium bowl and stir all contents together.
Turn machine on and pour mixture into freezer bowl. Let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Ice cream made using the Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet & Ice-Cream Maker (ICE-20 Series)
You'll also love
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Raspberry-Avocado Semifreddo 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Catfish with Lemon 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cal-Tex Chili & Pinto Beans 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Pie and Pie... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake 4.1/5 (19 Votes)