Marinated Beef Tenderloin
- 1 6 pound Beef Tenderloin, untrimmed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 large grated zest and juice of orange
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed under a knife
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Trim away fat and sinew. tuck under the thin "tail" and tie tenderloin every two or three inches.
2. Whisk ingredients, wine through whole peppercorns, in large bowl. Immerse tenderloin and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
3. Drain and let stand at room temperature and hour before cooking.
4. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place tenderloin in roasting pan and roast until thermometer reads 125 for med-rare meat, about 35 minutes
5. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving