Chocolate and Cherries Fudge Torte
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1-3/4 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
Adapted from hersheys.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan, or line 9-inch round cake pan with foil; grease bottom of foil.
2. Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgy and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over top of torte; refrigerate several hours or until set. With knife loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. (Or, lift torte out of pan, using foil; remove foil.).
5. Just before serving, put chocolates in 6-inch-wide heart outline in center of cake. Fill heart shape with cherries from pie filling; put chocolates all around outside edge. Serve cold, cut into wedges, with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 10 to 12 servings.