Crab and Goat Cheese Turnovers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz soft goat cheese, room tempeature
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-3/4 cups canned claw or lump crabmeat (8 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream or milk
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
1. Heat over to 400 degrees. Combine cream cheeese, goat cheese, parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gently fold in crab.
2. Whisk egg and cream in small bowl.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll half of puff pastry into a 15x12 inch rectangle (keep other half refrigerated). Cut into 20 (3 inch) squares. Place scant 1 Tbsp filling in center of each square; brush edges lightly with egg mixture. Fold into a triangle, enclosing filling; crimp edges with a fork.
4. Cut small steam vent in top of each turnover; brush tops lightly with egg mixture. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. (Turnovers can be made to this point 1 month ahead. Freeze in single layer on baking sheet; store in freezer bags. Bake frozen adding 3 to 4 minutes to baking time.)
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.