Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel or diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 lb (16 oz) Velveeta cheese (cubed) any flavor -Mexican n Mild or Pepper Jack work great
- 1 (15 oz) can black or chili beans (optional)
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernerl corn (optional)
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Corn Chips
Place chicken, lemon pepper and chicken broth in slow cooker. Make sure chicken is covered by the broth. If not, add more broth until chicken is covered. Cover and cook on low for 5 hrs.
Remove chicken from the broth to cool. Leave the broth in the cooker.
In a saucepan and add oil, garlic and onion and saute over low heat. When the onion is soft, stir in flour. When mixed together, remove from heat and set aside.
Shred chicken or cut into bit size chunks and add onion/garlic/flour mixture together. Add back into the broth. Add chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, beans, corn, cheese and Rotel into the slow cooker. Cook for 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
Serve with any of the toppings.