burnished chicken thighs with roasted sweet potatoes&turnips
- 3 tbsp evoo
- 3 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, more if needed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 chicke thighs trimmed of excess fat and skin
- 1 medium large sweet potaot, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium parsnips peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 small shallots lobes separated and halved through the root end.
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
stir togather the oil,mustard,vinegar,salt and pepper in a large bowl. add the chicken and toss to coat. cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge , turning occasionally, for at least 1 hour amd up to 8 hours.
arrange the chicken ski side up or one end of a large rimmed baking sheet, toss togahter the wett potato, parsnips, shallots, add the remaining 1//4 tsp salt and pepper. spread into a single layer. s[rinkle the chicken and veggies with a little more salt and roast for 20 minutes. baste the chicken with pan juices using a brush and stir the veggies. continue to roast , basting and stirring every 10 minutes until the chicken is deeply browned and the veggies are tender about 30 minutes more.
meanwhile, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp 5- m8 minutes. drain on paper towels. when bacon is cool, crumble it and toss with parsley.
when the chicken is done, stir the veggies and transfer to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. toss with 1/2 the bacon mixture baste the chicken, transfer with tongs to a serving platter. sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture. serve hot.