Oyster Stuffing for Turkey
Spookie's recipe for oyster stuffing is my favorite! Tastes best when the the turkey is stuffed and it gets the delicious flavors from the roasted turkey. Or, you can prepare it in a casserole dish.
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups chopped oysters
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk and oyster liquor
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Mix bread cubes and celery.
Cook onion lightly in butter. Do not brown. Add bread mixture and mix thoroughly.
Add oysters, seasonings and eggs. Add liquids to moisten.
Place the stuffing in either a large casserole for baking, or stuff the turkey. If preparing in a casserole dish, bake in a 350°F oven for about 40 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top.
You'll also love
- Corn Pudding, Pennsylvania Dutch... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Piccante 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- CrockPot: Beef: Beef Stew and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Schwans triple berry crumble 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Vegetable Tempura 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cajun Fried Turkey 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Latkas 4/5 (2 Votes)