Mashed chickpea & goat cheese sandwich
- 1 c rinsed canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c parsley
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- coarse kosher salt + freshly ground pepper
In food processor, combine chickpeas, 1 tbsp oil, lemon and parsley. Puree.
In small bowl, mash together feta and remaining 1 tbsp oil.
Spread chickpea mixture over 4 slices bread.
Top each with cucumber, tomato and onion.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread feta mixture on remaining 4 slices bread. Place bread, feta side in on top of sandwiches.