Orange Iced Cookies
One of Tyler's favorites!
- 11 T (5 1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- 3/4 c (51/4 oz) sugar
- 1 teas orange or butter extract
- 1/2 teas baking powder
- 1/2 teas baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup ( 4 oz) fresh squeezed OJ
- 2 T grated orange rind ( 1 or 2 small oranges)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups confectionate sugar
- 2 T (1 oz) unsalted butter - softened
- 1 T grated orange zest ( 1 small orange)
- 1/4 teas butter or orange extract
- 2 T freshly squeezed OJ
Cream: butter, sugar & extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat in egg, then orange juice and orange zest, scraping bowl. Mixture will look curdled. Add flour, beating until smooth. Drop dough by Tablespoons.
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cok for 10 min or until barely brown. 10 minutes to cool then move to rack. Glaze with 1 teaspoon of icing per cookie.
124 Calories each
13 grams sugar
5 grams fat