turkey cheeseburger meatloaf
- Original recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 7 slices turkey bacon, or more to taste
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 slice French bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 celery stick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook turkey bacon until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble when cool.
3.Mix cooked bacon with ground turkey, cheese, egg, onion, crumbled French bread, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper; and celery stick turn the turkey meatloaf mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and form into a loaf shape in the middle of the dish.
4.Mix ketchup, yellow mustard, and brown sugar together in a bowl, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Spread the mixture over the turkey loaf.
5.Bake the turkey loaf in the preheated oven until the juices run clear, loaf is no longer pink in the middle, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loaf reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees F), 45 minutes to 1 hour.