Perfect Double Cream Garlic Mashed Potatoes
These garlic mashed potatoes are so scrumptious! Serve as a side for just about anything! My only frustration in making tonight's dinner was racing against natural light.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cream cheese (low-fat is okay), softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
- NOTE: Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled are excellent!
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Equipment needed: Food Mill, so worth the investment. Recommended: OXO brand, easily found at Bed Bath & Beyond type stores.
Cook potatoes and garlic cloves in salted water (about 1 tablespoon of kosher salt--not table salt)
Drain the potatoes and garlic, and return the the pot on low heat-- this allows excess water to evaporate, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Place potatoes and garlic into food mill, and using larges disk, turn handle to rice the potatoes back into your cooking pot.
Add the cream cheese and allow to melt from the heat of the potatoes.
Add the heavy cream (slightly warmed). Half & half works, but the heavy cream is what tastes best.
Stir and taste; add more salt, if necessary.
Cover and keep warm, on lowest heat, for up to 15 minutes-- or for longer time, keep warm in a low heated oven.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (2430 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.2/5 (737 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Chrissy Teigen's Chicken Pot Pie... 3.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna Tartare 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Angel Food Cake with Fresh Citrus... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoked Mozzarella Fondue 4/5 (5 Votes)