Cheese and Guinness Spread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces Guinness stout
- 6 ounces grated sharp Cheddar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature $
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Assorted crackers and crudités
Adapted from myrecipes.com
In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a food processor and let cool.
Add Guinness, cheeses, caraway and paprika to food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crackers and crudités.