Prepare this rich, mushroom cream sauce over cooked chicken breast halves. Bacon and Parmesan cheese add extra flavor.
- 7 slices Bacon
- 1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Milk To Thin To Desired Consistancy
- 6 × 4 oz Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
- Pasta, for 6 (i like bow tie
- Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
Fry bacon; drain and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings and saute mushrooms, garlic and green onions in drippings. Melt butter in large saucepan. Whisk in flour. Stir in cream; cook until thick. Add Parmesan cheese, bacon, mushroom mixture, and peas. Heat through. Salt & pepper to taste.
Serve over poached or sauteed chicken filets placed on a nest of pasta and garnish with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.