- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1.) Melt chocolate and butter together and cool.
2.) Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
3.) Beat eggs and gradually add sugar and beat.
4.) Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
5.) Stir in flour mixture and fold in nuts.
6.) Spread into greased 8 inch pan.
7.) Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min or until brownies pull away from sides.
8.) Cool and add icing if desired.
- Delicately Dusted: sprinkle with icing sugar after they have cooled
- Nuttier Then Ever: sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped nuts before baking.
- Gloriously Glazed: melt 1 square unsweetened chocolate, 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup milk. Blend until smooth. Add 1/4 cup icing sugar. Blend well. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Rocky Road: Sprinkle with 2 cups miniature marshmellows. Broil under heat until marshmellows are golden. Drizzle with 1 melted square of chocolate.