- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet apple, peeled, cored, and cut
- into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Confecioners' sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450'F
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat,
then transfer 1 tbsp to a blender. add apple wedges to skillet and cook, turning once, until they start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Arrange wedges around edge.
3. Meanwhile, mix milk, flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt with butter in blender until batter is smooth. Pour over apples and transfer skillet to oven. Bake 15 minutes, or until pancake is puffed and golden. Dust with confecttioners' sugar and serve immedately.
Note: Gala or Golden Delicious apples work well in this recipe.