By beach cook
- 2 # Chicken Breast, Skinless/Boneless Washed
- 1/2 # Cooked Ham
- 1/2 # Rabbit
- 1 T Salt
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Yellow Onions Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 T Fresh Parsley Minced
- 1/2 t Dried Thyme
- 16 oz Can Chop Tomatoes - Undrained
- 16 oz Bag Frozen Corn
- 10 oz Bag Frozen Lima Beans
- 10 oz Bag Frozen Sliced Okra
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 t Texas Pete
- Water and/or Chicken Broth as Needed
Large Dutch Oven Medium Heat, Add Water or Broth, Salt & Chicken. Simmer Until Cooked.
Remove Chicken & Allow to Cool, Chop Coarse.
Repeat Above for Rabbit.
Drain Dutch Oven, Medium Heat, Add Oil, Onions & Green Pepper, Saute Until Soft.
Add Tomatoes, Vegetables, Parsley, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Pepper, Texas Pete & Water/Broth as Needed.
Bring to Boil, Reduce Heat Simmer 30 Minutes & Add Meats.
Cover & Simmer 2 - 4 Hours. Stir as Needed.
Remove Bay Leaf & Serve Hot with Corn Bread.