CHICKEN Apple chicken stew
- 24 medium Potatoes (cubed)
- 24 carrots cut into 1/4inch slices
- 4 medium red onions halved and sliced
- 4 celery thinly sliced
- 6 Tsp salt
- 4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp caraway seed
- 8 lbs boneless,skinless, chicken breast cubed
- 8 tbsp olive oil or veg oil
- 4 large tart apples peeled and cubed
- 5 cup apple juice
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 bay leaves
- fresh minced parsley
Cooking time 35mins
- in a slow cooker, layer potatoes,carrots,onion and celery.
- combine salt. pepper, thyme and caraway, sprinkle half on veggies.
- in a skillet saute chicken in oil, until browned then transfer to veg layers and top with apples, apple juice and vinegar.
- sprinkle remaining salt mix and bay leaf.
- cook on high for about 4-5hrs until veggies are tender and chicken juices run clear.
- stir before serving, and sprinkle with parsley.