- 7 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. place the popped corn into 2 bar pans/jelly roll pans, add peanuts if using. set aside.
2. preheat oven to 250 degrees. combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in saucepan. bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend. once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
3. remove from heat, stir in the baking soda and vanilla. the mixture will be light and foamy. immediately pour over the popcorn and stir to coat. don't worry too much about it being evenly coated at this point.
4. bake for 1 hour, removing the pans and giving them each a good stir every 15 minutes. line the counter with foil or parchment paper. dump the corn out onto the paper and separate the pieces. allow to cool completely then store in an airtight container.