Aunt Peggy's sweet potato souffle
25 sweet potatoes
7.5 cups of sugar
30 oz milk
7.5 sticks of butter
7.5 Tablespoons vanilla extract
3.75 Tablespoons of salt
7.5 cups of light brown sugar
3. 3/4 sticks of butter
3. 3/4 cups of cake flour
7.5 cups of chopped pecans
- 3 cups cooked and mashed potatoes, from about 2 to 3 small baked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 stick, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick, cubed, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup self-rising cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Souffle: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt. Pour the misture into the prepared baking dish.
TOPPING: Combine the brown sugar, butter, flour, and pecans in a seperate bowl. Crumble the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.