Baked Potatoes Primavera
Yum! Nice change from the normal chili topping for baked potatoes. The original recipe calls for red bell pepper, but I left those out. Add whatever veggies you have on hand! For the non-veggies out there, add chunks of cooked chicken, if desired.
- 4 med-large Russet potatoes (about 8 ounces each), baked
- 4 cups fresh vegetable pieces (choose from broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper squares, sliced zucchini and peas)
- 1 1/4 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from mtnking.com
1. In 2-quart saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil. Ad vegetables, cover and cook over med-hi heat for about 5 min, just until crisp-tender; drain thoroughly.
2. Add sauce, basil and red pepper flakes to vegetables in saucepan. Heat to simmer, and stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Split and fluff potatoes; place on four serving pates. Spoon vegetable mixture over potatoes, dividing equally.